A. Wolfsen LL.M.
Aleid Wolfsen was appointed Chairman of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, AP) in 2016. He had previously been involved in the Dutch Data Protection Authority as a member of its Advisory Council.
Before being appointed Chairman of the Dutch Data Protection Authority, Wolfsen worked in politics as well as in the judiciary.
Brief curriculum vitae:
- 2008 - 2014: Mayor of Utrecht
- 2002 - 2008: Member of the House of Representatives representing the Dutch Labour Party (Partij van de Arbeid, PvdA)
- 2001 - 2002: Vice-president of the District Court of Haarlem
- 1998 - 2001: Judge in Amsterdam
- 1995 - 1998: Ministry of Justice, amongst other things as project leader for Judicial System Review
- 1979 - 1994: Various positions at the Public Prosecution Service and at the District Court in Zwolle.
Wolfsen graduated in law at the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen in 1993.
- 2014 - present: Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Sena, the organisation representing the rights of musicians and producers
- 2014 - present: Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the foundation for the care of veterans (Stichting de Basis)
- 2016 - present: Member of the Supervisory Board of the foundation of the hospital Bartholomeus Gasthuis (Stichting Bartholomeus Gasthuis)
- 2016 - present: Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the drinking water company Oasen n.v.
- 2016 - present: Member of the Court of Arbitration for the Building Industry in the Netherlands
- 2016 - present: Member of the Supervisory Board of the Netherlands Institute for Human Rights (in official capacity)
- 2017 - present: Member of the Supervisory Board of the foundation for connecting opera and society (Stichting Operamakers)
- 2018 - present: Chairman of the Supervisory and Advisory Board of the Institute for victims of asbestos (Instituut Asbestslachtoffers).