Monique Verdier was appointed deputy chair and board member of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA) on 1 January 2019. Prior to joining the Dutch DPA, she worked in the healthcare sector as an administrator, advisor and supervisor. For many years she was on the executive boards of the Groene Hart hospital in Gouda and the Albert Schweitzer hospital in Dordrecht.
CV in brief
Professional advisor and coach to individuals
Groene Hart hospital in Gouda, member of the Executive Board since 2009 and previously Director of Patient Care
Albert Schweitzer hospital in Dordrecht, member of the Executive Board
Leiden University Medical Center, Director of Facilities Management
Van Leer Packaging Worldwide, various positions including factory manager, project analyst and quality manager
Ms Verdier studied mathematics and industrial engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (1989).
Ms Verdier works for the Dutch DPA 3 days a week. In addition, she works as an executive coach, moderator and lecturer on leadership and personal development in hospitals. She also holds the following outside positions:
- Member of the Board of Directors of Spijkenisse Medical Centre
- Vice-chair of the Supervisory Board of healthcare organisation CuraMare in Dirksland
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of disability care organisation Philadelphia
- Board member of Rotterdam Skillcity
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of healthcare organisation Vitalis Zorg in Eindhoven
- Ambassador for the Dutch Council for Refugees (Southwest region).
In her role as deputy chair of the Dutch DPA, Ms Verdier has no involvement in investigations and/or decisions with regard to the organisations listed above.